Monday, February 23, 2015

Something fun, something small, somehing free

Good morning campers!

I was bored this morning and wanted to play with making a different style of map this morning...so I did. What this means for you is a nice smallish map for free to use if you would please just give credit (if you like it...if ya don't, say it was the 'other guy', hahaha).



I wanted to play with the edge a little bit...squares and rectangles are nice, but a circle seemed not only like fun, but indeed a good challenge! An inner shadow was added at the end in photoshop, but the map itself was made in Tiled, using tile and object layers.

Enjoy!

If you like what you see here, check out my other Old World Style sets on Roll20's marketplace!



2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to decide how this map should be viewed. Is the center continent one of the poles? I say that because the tropical trees appear to be on the same longitude as the coniferous forests. Or maybe I should stop being anal about stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Unknown! lol, Since I fear the Unknown, I shall give you a moniker...hmmm...I shall call you "Bob". Actually, it was the circular edge I was playing around with more for this map; and this was made prior to the Polar Regions set (https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/515/old-world-style-set-9-the-polar-regions) was created and put on the Roll20 marketplace.

    Bob, let's go with Global Climate Change for this one. We're looking at a specific point in time, when the poles have melted, the planet is attempting to balance itself out, and the coniferous forests and tropical forest spread rapidly.

    I will track down the water and background circle map for this and create a new blog post with those for free use this evening.

    ReplyDelete