Sunday, August 23, 2015

Trying out CamStudio to record video tutorials

Everyone once in a while, I get requests on what types of programs are used when creating maps from my various sets. While I do use the map editor in Roll20 in playing online, and for testing my work, I also like to create maps and scenes off line; and unfortunately, you cannot save your maps and such in the VTT to a jpg or png format for easy changes later. Roll20 has a ton of fantastic features in their map editor and VTT, but like many I have found through the site, it is good to also work on your ideas off line at times at a reasonable pace, without worry of server lag or just because you want to be off line for a bit.

A couple years ago, I found Tiled from mapeditor.org. One of the greatest features is the layering capacity the program has for building maps and scenes. Originally intended for the video game world, Tiled is a great tool and easy to use.

I have several tutorials on here for using Tiled, and now have found CamStudio to attempt to create video tutorials to make the process (hopefully) even easier.

So bear with me, as there are mistakes to be made, flubs to be said, and hopefully some useful information to be given.

And now, I'm off to record some beginning tutorials!

EDIT UPDATE:

Ok, my first attempt with no sound:  Introducing Tiled

No comments:

Post a Comment