Sunday, January 20, 2013

Little Bit of Digital Sculpting

Having made the resin pour recently, I also wanted to create Olaf digitally using a program called Blender. Blender's a great program that is also open source; and for someone with a limited income, such as myself, this is a great opportunity to learn digital modeling without tearing apart the pocket book. There are numerous videos on each step of the process throughout the web. Some of the best ones I found through: CG Tuts+ and Blender Cookie


Modeling the character was pretty simple to do once I got the hang of the shortkeys. There are still some rough edges to work out, but since he is a pretty simple character and since I am just looking to use this for reference, for the moment this is fine.

A close-up of Olaf. Love the glasses!














The rigging is in and finishing up on some weight painting. Looking forward to posing this fellow, as well as adding clothing, hair, and textures [although I hear that takes a lot of patience].








No comments:

Post a Comment