Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Creating My own Drawing Figurine

Ok, so maybe it's just an excuse to play, but recently I've been sculpting a figure that I want to use more - to create my own posable figurine. Because the body proportions are heavily distorted, this seemed like a good route...and let's face it, getting dirty is fun! Meet Olaf...Olaf, people...people, Olaf.


Here is the little guy, based off earlier sketches from a few years back. 


Soon, I will be creating a mold using household items: corn starch, silicone and mineral spirits. Although the practicing of sketches in various poses is nice, I just wanted something to help me with perspective, positioning and composition. It's also been a long time since sculpting anything or creating a mold, so let's go with this as a great excuse.

As the mold is made and the casting is underway, I will update with more pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment