Friday, April 22, 2011

A few older pieces...

Just to have a few more pieces up on the new blog, or anyone can visit some of the old artwork at creakinfrog.deviantart.com. These are also on the deviantArt site, but I promise to enter in some new work this weekend!


Quickly becoming a favorite of mine, Olaf the Magnificent!  Spawned from the character I created for the Gaming Geeks poster, it has been a tremendous joy and source of character pose inspiration drawing this fellow over and over. I suppose I need to move on soon, but he's just too much derned fun.

Ok, a REALLY quick sketch for a Master Gardener's seminar at which I presented. Part of a powerpoint presentation, this scene was a typical reaction to planning a landscape when faced with such an overwhelming task. Many of those attending were part of the Habitat for Humanity effort in the area as well. I was very honored to have given the speech. A lot of fun.


Just playing around with perspective. Everyone does buildings, town and such and all entering 'into' the perspective. Here I was playing around with expanding the perspective towards the viewer instead of away.  This later became a piece used for a test animation: "Thundery Afternoon" http://creakinfrog.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d31l125 - a collaboration piece with Dan Wolters of Gothenberg, Sweden.



No comments:

Post a Comment